Discover different proven ways to promote your app. Through various types of promotion like social media marketing to target marketing explore the methods that help you to increase your app’s visibility and downloads.
In the mobile-first era, there’s an app for every function that you perform. Your app needs to steer away from the clutter of its competition to get noticed and become a staple for your target audience. In this article, we help you understand what is app marketing, its various types, and the proven tactics to create stellar app promotion campaigns. We would also stand to see how Trackier Mobile Marketing Platform acts as your loyal companion in the marketing field and helps you amplify the results of your advertising strategies. Before moving into the discussion of how to promote your app, let us first know what is app marketing.
The Fundamentals Of App Marketing
Mobile app marketing refers to the process of promoting a mobile application to increase its downloads and generate a loyal user base for subsequent targeting campaigns. How to promote an app is a challenge that every marketer faces, given the diversity of digital channels like social media, email marketing, SMS marketing, app store optimization, influencer marketing, etc. where you can run advertising campaigns. Let us look into each of these in detail :
- Social Media Marketing – Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc. are great platforms for advertising your app. Creating engaging content and running targeted ads helps to increase your app’s visibility, and puts out a positive word-of-mouth.
- Email Marketing – This includes a systemic series of communications that are sent out to prospects, leads, and existing users to share app updates, in-app improvements, and offers. Personalized email marketing helps in re-engaging inactive users.
- SMS Marketing – Offers and discounts are mostly sent through SMS. User consent and obeying privacy regulations are a must when choosing this channel of marketing.
- App Store Optimization – This includes optimizing your app’s name, description, and visuals on the App Store to rank higher for user searches. Using keywords and high-definition images can help achieve this.
- Influencer Marketing – This is a performance-based method to increase app downloads or ad performance, by leveraging the networking skills of influencers in your niche and collaborating with them over highly personalized ad campaigns.
Now we have looked into the channels, let us move into the benefits of app promotion.
Necessity, or Nuance: Benefits Of Promoting An App
There are a lot of reasons why promoting an app is important. Some of them are :
- Promotion helps in the acquisition of more users, especially during the initial stage of business growth.
- Marketing creates more visibility and enhances the chances of your app being discovered by potential customers.
- A well-promoted app will have a high chance of receiving lucrative business partnerships, and recognitions in the industry.
7 App Promotion Tactics to Create a Lasting Impact
- Offer Time Bound Promotions – Offering limited-time promotions will create a sense of urgency among the users, prompting them to make a purchase without second thoughts. Releasing such offers on special occasions and festive season can be very helpful to improve outreach.
- Implementation of Referal Programs – Referral programs encourage users to install the App and refer it to others, in return for an incentive. Offer premiums, discounts, and exclusive in-app benefits to those who bring highest number of referrals to encourage positive word-of-mouth. This will help in user acquisition, increased engagement, and diversify your app’s user base.
- Monitor and Analyze Metrics – It is important to regularly monitor the app marketing campaigns that you are running. They will help you to understand where there is a need for improvement and prevent spending resources on ineffective channels. It will also help in understanding customer behavior and refining your campaign.
- Engage with User Review – You should ask for user reviews and make necessary changes according to their feedback. It also helps to build a positive user relationship, and build a sense of community among users.
- Partner with Influencers – Using influencers from your niche to promote your app will help your brand become trustworthy and authentic. Since influencers also benefit from your collaboration, there is a high success rate in this choice of channel.
- Launch Giveaways and Contests – Giveaways and in-app contests help in drawing traction towards your app, thereby encouraging re-installs and social media buzz. It is best to create engaging landing pages, host cross-platform promotions and offer exclusive prizes to the winners.
- Focus on Content Marketing – If your focus is on increasing customer LTV, the ideal way is to strengthen your content marketing game. Creating expert content about the developments of the industry you operate in can be an effective means to increase the number of users of your app.
Now that you know how to advertise an app, the next step of mobile app marketing would be to take your campaigns on a scale. And that’s where attribution tracking platforms, like Trackier Mobile Measurement Partner, can come in handy to assess the user acquisition, engagement, and retention rates of your App. Remember – success does not lie in short-term popularity, rather it is indicated by sustaining a high recall for your app.